Where the Action Is
Northwest Control-Line Calendar
Special thanks in compiling this list to the sponsors of the contests involved.
A note about submitting flyers for this page: The preferred format for downloadable items (flyers, motel lists, etc.) is PDF documents. Please send items to the editor in PDF form if you have the capability. Word processing or hard copy documents can be accepted, but they involve a bit more work on the part of the editor. Thanks for your help! For more information or to submit items, e-mail the editor.
- Northwest Control-Line Regionals, Roseburg Regional Airport, Roseburg, Ore.
Friday: Speed, Carrier, Old-Time Stunt, Beginner-Intermediate Precision Aerobatics, 15 Fast Combat.
Saturday: Speed, Carrier, Classic Stunt, Profile Stunt, Scale, high-performance 1/2-A Combat, 80mph Combat.
Carrier; Advanced-Expert Precision Aerobatics; AMA Fast Combat, Racing.
Download a flyer with all the details or email for information.
Download a REVISED discount advance entry form and an award sponsorship form.
Lodging: The Hampton Inn near the flying site is the Regionals host hotel. For a special room rate, book online at the Regionals hotel registration website or call 1-800-HILTONS and mention the Northwest Regionals. Reserve by May 9 to be assured of the special rate.
The Regionals is sponsored by the Northwest Regionals Management Association.
- Salem Summer Tune-Up, Bill Riegel Model Airpark, Salem, Ore., for Racing, Speed and Navy Carrrier events. Sponsored by Western Oregon Control-line Flyers.
Friday: Navy Carrier (Class I, Class II, Profile, NW Sport 40 and .15)
Saturday: Navy Carrier (Class I, Class II, Profile, NW Sport 40 and .15), Northwest Sport Race, Northwest Super Sport Race, Speed (all AMA IC classes, F2A, all NW classes and NASS Sport Jet)
(all AMA IC classes, F2A, all NW classes and NASS Sport Jet)
Download a flyer with all the details or
Email for information.
- A Day at the Races, Jim Walker Memorial CL Field, Delta Park, Portland, Ore., for all four Northwest racing classes. Email for information.
- Bladder Grabber XLI, seven-match AMA Fast Combat Tournament and Half-A Grabber high-performance 1/2-A Combat contest, Harvey Field, Snohomish, Wash.
Friday: Half-A Combat
Saturday-Sunday: AMA Fast Combat
Watch this space for a flyer with all the details or email for information.
- Zoot Ranch Fun Fly, Hazel ranch, Mehama, Ore. Picnic and backyard flying. Details tentative. Email for information.
- R.F. Stevenson Memorial Raider Roundup, Auburn Municipal Airport, Auburn, Wash. Sponsored by Northwest Skyraiders. Watch this space for a flyer with all the details.
Submit your 2019 contest information now!
E-mail all the details of your upcoming Northwest Contest to John Thompson for inclusion in this calendar. It's never too early to get your contest information in the calendar.We can include e-mail links, web links, and can post downloadable pdf flyers. E-mail the editor now!
Post your flyer: Send your flyer to the Webmaster in PDF form, for posting on this website, or give us the link to your web site for posting in the calendar. E-mail John Thompson.
Nationwide contest information
Although this calendar is intended for Northwest events, we will publish out-of-region events on special request. To find out about control-line competition all over the United States, check out the contest calendar maintained by the Academy of Model Aeronautics
This page was upated May 13, 2019