The Flying Flea Market
All items posted here must be related to control-line model airplanes. All transactions are between the seller and the buyer; Flying Lines is not responsible for verifying claims made in classified ads or arranging transactions. Make sure to notify the editor if your item sells, so that we can remove the listing. If you try to respond to an ad and find that it is no longer valid, please notify the editor.
- BEWARE STOLEN KITS: Don Chandler of Red Bluff, Calif., reports that a large number of scale model kits were stolen from a storage unit on Aug. 28. Several Top Flight kits, Sig J-3 and a Douglas Skyraider. If you or anyone sees this stuff being sold, please contact Don Chandler.
- ENGINES AND PARTS FOR SALE: Download a list and e-mail Orin Humphries for ordering info.
- STUNT WING: Igor Burger Max Bee Foam wing set made by Bob Hunt. Come get it, or I'll deliver it to you at a contest. $250 Email Howard Rush.
REGIONALS FASHION: There are still some Northwest Regionals shirts available in sizes XL, XXL and XXX, at $15.50 advance entry discount price, plus $3 shipping. E-mail for availability or to order.
- ENGINES FOR SALE: Bud Becker has the following list of engines for sale. Many are NIB and most all are in excellent condition. Call Bud at 208-459-8242 and make a fair-price offer. Cox TD 010; Cox Golden Bee; ST 40 RR; OS 25 VF DF; K&B 3.5 RR DF; Rossi QB 400 40; Taipan 15; OS 29H; Cox Conquest 15; MVVS 6.5 GRRT; Como 40 Schneurle; Fox 19 Schneurle; K&B 4011; K&B 4011 (Lee); OPS 29 Speed; Rossi 21 Mod Car; ST G15 15; Irvine 21 Speed; MVVS 2.5 GFR ABC; TD 049 Left Hand Crank; Some Wasps?; ST X15 SE (2); OS Max H35; ST G21 29; K&B 35 Green Head; O&R engine parts?; K&B 3.5; OS VRP 40 (3); ST X40; OS 40VF; Cox TD 020; K&B 9012 (2); Webra Speed 40 ABC (2); OPS 40; ST S40; Fox Deluxe 40; Magnum 15XL; Madewell 49 (Pieces); CS 049 (big block) (2); CS 049 (small block); ASP 40; Fox 15BB Schneurle (2); Picco 40 SE.
- Updated April 16! AIRPLANES, ENGINES AND PARTS FOR SALE: Large number of new and like-new engines. Download an updated list with all the details. Contact Paul Gibeault.
- FLYING HELP WANTED: So, I have an opportunity for a competent control line pilot. I have a Sig Skyray .35 with a very low time OS .26 on it. The model was built several years ago. The motor was bench tested for a couple minutes but I never flew it. It has been hanging in my garage for 3+ years along with a handle and 60 foot lines. I have very little control line experience but I want to introduce my 4-1/2 year-old to control line because he's not too interested in my RC flying. Just asking if anyone has a few tanks of gas and the spare time to give it a whirl...literally! I also have a Ringmaster with a FOX .35 that has flown before. Both models are for sale by the way. Contact Craig Ensey, Corvallis, Ore.
- << SPEED KIT WANTED: Late 1940's Dyna-Streak speed jet kit (photo at left). I would consider a survivor plane if in salvageable condition. E-mail Kirk Johnson.
- CONTROL LINE BUILDING SERVICE: Complete frame up of these four classic designs, The Original Tudor, The Magician, The Flite Streak and the OT Ringmaster. Available in take-apart or permanent configuration. Will build for electric or glow power. For pricing and details please e-mail Mike Griffin.
- BLACKHAWK KITS: Blackhawk Models is winding down and so is Dave Gardner's relatively short lived venture as a dealer! My updated catalog lists all the stuff I have remaining in the line, the LIST and SALE pricing, along with an additional multi-kit discount. Shipping is noted, reflecting the latest charges from USPS. All of these are new, in shrink-wrap, except for the Lockheed Electra (I just had to see it!). To see the kit descriptions, you can look on the Blackhawk Models website.. One of the kits is completed, as a demo. That's Model FS400, Raven, which is finished and fitted with a brand new Cox Baby Bee .049, all for the package price of $50! Shipping is $12 for one kit and a maximum of $16 shipping for any two or more kits. If you're interested, contact Dave Gardner.
- WANTED: DOOLING ENGINES AND PARTS: I need Dooling .29 spare parts old or new, or used good engine itself. E-mail Eizan Yoshino.
- ENGINE WANTED: I need a Nelson .19, K&B 3.25 or similar engine. E-mail George Voss.
- PROPS WANTED: I am looking for a few wooden A, B and C props. I would prefer Rev-Up but Top Flite is OK, too. E-mail Ken Burdick.
- AIRPLANES AND KITS FOR SALE:
Walter Umland's "BuiltRightFlyRight" kits: PT19 kit, $245.00 with drop-in controls (CLC) hardware+shipping, NIB; Colossus, $220.00+shipping, NIB.
PayPal or local checks preferred. Local pick-up in Tacoma area preferred. E-mail Larry Price.
- WANTED: New or used Cox engines and parts, any size, any condition. E-mail Joe Sesere.
- WANTED: Pre-1970 Speed plane kits. Contact Kirk Johnson.
- << SPORT JET SPEED KIT: The Sport Jet Pod Racer kit is availble right now. Laser-cut kit is easy to build and results in an easy-to-start, easy-to-fly model -- and it is fast. Hardware required is already in most modelers' shops. Kit price is $50. Fuel tank, if purchased with kit, is $20. E-mail Jim Booker. >>
- WANTED: Jet Bill Sport Jet engine. Doesn't need to be perfect. E-mail Jim Booker.
- MODEL MAGAZINES AND ARTICLES: I am in possession of the model airplane magazine library of Dave Shrum. If anyone needs a specific issue or article from the major model magazines, please contact me. E-mail Tom Kopriva.
- ENGINES FOR SALE: Long list of Enya, SuperTigre, Fox and K&B engines available. Download the updated list. To order, e-mail Frank Bowman.
- FLYING FOOL PLANS: Scratch builders may enjoy this reproduction of the plans for the classic Sterling kit. Plans are sent on a CD and can be taken to a print shop and printed out actual size, smaller or larger. $20. E-mail Frank Balkus for information.
- COLLECTOR SPEED KIT FOR SALE: Hellespont, prouced by Epic Models of Las Cruces, N.M., in the late 1940s or early 1950s. Complete and untouched. Photo available on request. This is a 24-inch span control-line speed model, 26 inch lewngth. $100. E-mail Jim Emerson.
- FAST HIPPY SPEED PRODUCTS: Marty Higgs provides, among other items, C Speed tanks ($20), C Speed torque units ($25), elevator control systems ($15), (all three as a kit, $60); HI-G titanium bellcranks ($35); HI-G steel bellcranks ($25); F2D Proto micro bellcranks ($20). Will build any size custom torque units, 1/2A to Jet-D. E-mail Marty Higgs.
- NITROMETHANE: Fischer Scientific nitromethane in pint bottles, approximately 5 gallons available. E-mail speed flier Jim Buxton.
- WANTED: Harters rat and proto speed pans. E-mail Ken Burdick
- TYME : Custom-made venturis and mufflers. Scott Riese, (503) 246-4631. E-mail for info.
- CONTROL-LINE SUPPLIES: We ship UPS daily. Eugene Toy & Hobby, (541) 344-2117. Eugene Toy & Hobby web site
- CONTROL-LINE COLLECTION: We have come upon a collection of pre-owned control-line engines, including Cox .020, .049, .051; K&B .19, Fox .35, etc. Contact John Gunther at Franciscan Hobbies in San Francisco.
- COMBAT SHUTOFFS: H&R shutoff's, $30.Remote mount $10.
In the past 7 years over 350 H&R shutoff's have been purchased and used in competition. I have witnessed over 80 flyaways with planes using the H&R shutoff, and each and every one of them shut down immediately. Zero failures. We have them for all classes of combat that use a pressurized fuel system. We have continued to make improvements over the years and our new MK V features: CNC machined 7075 T-6 aluminum that has been anodized and hard coated. All brass parts are turned on a CNC lathe. Our new double bushed center bearing is swedged and pressed together as one unit. No parts to loose or solder joints to break. Almost indestructible. It installs on any RTF plane in 5 minutes or less when used with the remote mount. No strings or connectors to worry about. Future planes could be bought cheaper requiring no bellcranks or leadouts installed. It can be used with or without leadouts. No need to have one unit per plane. When used with the remote mount the bellcrank moves from plane to plane with the motor without affecting the control setting. Because of the high RPM of the F2D motors, if line tension is momentarily lost and regained with in one second, the motor will start shutting down, then fire right back up when line tension is regained. I believe if you try out this system, you will never go back to anything else. E-mail Jeff Rein to order. More information on the H&R shutoffs.
- OLD MAGAZINE PLANS ON CD: I will make the offer to search my database of about 4,000 magazines to help anyone find the plans for models published by the magazines. CDs of plans are $10 each. Anyone can contact me direct by e-mail for more information on CL modeling data on CD. Thomas Wilk. Also available: Control-line cartoons on CD.
- TOUGH GUY T-SHIRTS! Bladder Grabber XXX combat tournament T-shirts still available. E-mail Jeff Rein.
- ENGINES FOR SALE: Webra .36 GT Aero, NIB, $85. O.S. .15FP R/C, Bench run and one carrier flight, very clean, $45. All prices include shipping. E-mail Don Chandler.
- RACING PRODUCTS: Fuel tanks for Northwest Sport Race and Flying Clown Race, $20 each plus shipping. Proven designs. Engine shims: Made to order, $1 each. Thicknesses of .001"-.010" in .001" increments, plus .012", .015", .020" and .030". E-mail Todd Ryan or telephone (541) 292-4580. Tank shown at right is NWSR tank.
- PLANS FOR SALE: Arctic Fox (white plane), designed for a Fox 35. Short kits $65. The plans for scratch building this plane cost $8. Grinder (red and yellow plane): Designed and drawn by Leo Mehl, traced and inked by Bob Sweitzer, top quality plans, $15. Contact Leo Mehl at (503) 255-6471 or e-mail Leo Mehl.
- WANTED: O.S. FS-20 four-stroke engine. E-mail Todd Ryan or telephone (541) 292-4580.
- HOBBY SHOP: Tri-City Connection, CL and RC supplies, new and used. Lots (1 ton truck full) of old magazines (50's and newer) for sale $5 each shipped. Let me know what your looking for. Model Builder, Model Airplane News, RCM, Flying Lines, RC Scale, etc. Telephone (509) 542-1959 or e-mail David Miller.
- NEW KIT: The Tom Warden Continental is now available from RSM Distribution. This kit has been approved by Mr. Warden's estate and has been checked for accuracy against the original kit. Classic legal and laser cut from contest grade balsa, the Continental has a span of 55 inches, length of 39-1/2 inches, and wing area of 572 square inches. It comes complete with rolled plans and a deluxe hardware package and includes a wing jig. Priced at only $129, it is a fine example of Tom Warden's beautiful control-line designs. Order yours now! Visit the RSM web site.
- RACING SUPPLIES: The former Kustom Kraftsmanship line of quality racing equipment is now available from Darrell Albert. Available supplies include button bellcranks, Cox competition and generic parts, wheels, lines, shutoffs, landing gear and many other items. E-mail to place orders or get more info.
- CONTROL-LINE KITS: Black Hawk Models offers an extensive line of control-line model kits at reasonable prices, including several of Walt Musciano designs. Check out our Black Hawk Models website or give us a call at (562) 428-0820. Tell you local hobby dealer about us.
- RACING MADE EASY: Get the Nitroholics Racing Team "introduction to racing" packet, and you'll be on your way to success in Northwest racing competition. Packet includes general racing tips, articles on how to set up a NW Sport racer and a Super Sport racer, and NW racing rules. Send $2 to Flying Lines and get the packet via mail. Flying Lines, 2456 Quince St., Eugene, OR 97404. E-mail for more info.
- The USM (Universal Stunt Machine): So ya wanna fly CL Stunt, huh? For a painless beginning, using equipment that can take you from first flights to expert precision aerobatics, contact Dan Rutherford. Ask for a Universal Stunt Machine package. It's free, but only available by e-mail.
How to submit an ad to the Flying Flea Market
To place an ad on the Flying Flea Market, e-mail the text and photo to the Flying Lines editor.
Ads are free to Pacific Northwest fliers. Donations are accepted to help cover the cost of maintaining the web site. Control-line related advertising will be accepted from non-Northwest modelers as space allows. Ads for non-NW modelers are $1 per month. Contact the editor for details. See below for more information on donating to Flying Lines.
Donating to Flying Lines for the cost of running your ad
To donate to Flying Lines for listing your classified ad, you can make a donation by PayPal. Just hit the button below.
Or you can mail donations to:
2456 Quince St.
Eugene, OR 97404
This page was upated Aug. 29, 2015